Comedy Improv Team Building
Farce is a fun and incredibly funny Comedy Improv Team Building Training event that will have your group laughing at themselves and peculiar situations created by professional actors and comedians. All instructors for these programs come from the world-famous Groundlings Theater in Los Angeles, and when your group hires us to come out to your location or convention, there’s a good chance you’ll catch a rising star or someone who may show up soon on Saturday Night Live. In fact, the theater has become a virtual breeding ground for SNL and other sketch comedy performers.
The training was excellent! It was easy to see that our associates really came out of their shell and got involved in the Comedy Improv. I’d not only like you to come do more training for us, but I’ve already referred you to other companies as well. Over the past few weeks I’ve really noticed that the lessons learned from the training are still being used in the workplace. Mike Cassio, E2M
The facilitators are led by actor Larry Dorf and comedian Steve Mallory.
Larry Dorf is co-starring in the new NBC Comedy, The Paul Reiser Show, and has guest starred on King of Queens, The X-Files, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Ugly Betty, Malcolm in the Middle, Desperate Housewives and lots more. He has also co-starred in the films, Fun With Dick and Jane opposite Jim Carrey, “All About Steve” with Bradley Cooper and Sandra Bullock, and more. He also teaches comedy improv to actors and comedians.
Steve Mallory has guest starred on Comedy Central’s Reno 911 and I’m with Busey. Steve has starred in Spike TV’s The Joe Schmo Show II, playing Ernie Gallo, heir to a wine fortune and also starred in VH1’s BSTV, a modern update on Candid Camera. Steve has also written, directed and acted in a short film, Polk Valley, that is currently in final production.
Programs are conducted by professional comedians and are a custom experiences tailored to your group. Instructors use improvisational techniques to give your group a genuinely unique experience. Depending on your needs, the training can focus on any or all of the following:
Brainstorming. Participants learn:
- A common set of rules, which will unleash the creative power of the entire group
- To push through their inhibitions when participating in brainstorming sessions
- To focus on the overall group objective as opposed to individual agendas
- How to implement the “yes-and” principle to solve problems and fully explore an idea
Teamwork. Participants learn:
- Build a sense of trust within the group
- Assess their role in the group and understand how that contributes to the overall group objective
- Break down barriers and be able to rely on their coworkers
Communication and Listening. Participants learn:
- Engage in active listening skills
- Break bad habits impeding successful communication
Thinking Better on your Feet. Participants learn:
- Quickly assess the needs of your coworkers or clients in order to improve responsiveness
- Feel comfortable responding to unexpected situations
- Answer questions with authority
|“You guys knocked it out of the park for us! It was just great. Thanks for all you did to craft the agenda and make it such a hit.” Jay Dogburt, Hilton Hotels|
Shorter versions can be tailored for annual meetings and conventions. Full day versions with a combination of Farce Comedy Improv and Creating a Team Culture are also available for a discounted additional fee.
Need Something a Little Different?
Want Something Specific, or Need Help Deciding? Let Our Instructors Know What You Need or Send an RFP by Clicking Here.
Quick-Links to Other Pages: Team Building Company | List of All Activities | Charity Events | Build-A-Bike | The Ace Race | Rescue Bear | The Camaraderie Quest Scavenger Hunt | Indoor Events | Creating a Team Culture | Comedy Improv | Charade Murder Mystery | Outdoor Activities | Retreats | Success Stories