The Ace Race ® Mini Golf Team Activity gets your team’s competitive juices flowing to feed the hungry! This is the fastest and most energetic charity team building event in the world. If your team likes to compete, this is the event for you.
Over the past decade, participants in The Ace Race ® have donated over 400 tons of food to charity. Many of these donations were in areas hit by disasters like Hurricanes Sandy and Harvey as well as California wildfires and tornados in Oklahoma and Missouri.
The Ace Race ® Is a Fast-Paced, Competitive Golf Team Building Event.
The Ace Race ® is our premier mini-golf team building activity. It is an energy-packed and competitive team event filled with fun competition. The program has three parts.
First, we divide your group into teams of six to eight-person teams. Next, each group works together to earn non-perishable food items from The Ace Race ® “store.” Once they acquire all of the items on their shopping list, they each build at least one mini-golf hole out of the food items. Finally, the Ace Race ® mini-golf team building activities begin!
Each team races from hole to hole trying to get a hole-in-one on each. At the conclusion, the food items are donated to a local food bank or homeless shelter.
If Your Group Is Competitive, They WIll LOVE This Team Event.
Jan Mitchell, “The facilitator did a wonderful job of inspiring and keeping the event moving smoothly! Everyone was engaged and truly enjoyed the activity. We were also very pleased we could support a local charity from our work community. Thank you!”
- Warm-Up Icebreaker (~ 10 min.) – This is a quick transition that gets the group ready to play. It also allows for late arrivers to not miss any of the important Ace Race ® team building activities.
- Divide the Group into Teams (~ 10 min.) – The ideal group size is six to eight people per golf hole. However, for this event, we like to create a series of nine-hole courses.
- Team Forming (~ 20 min.) – The teams participate in a team challenge to acquire the non-perishable food items on their shopping list from the “Ace Race ® Store.”
- Building the Mini-Golf Course (~ 20 min.) – Each group builds at least one hole of the course out of food items. In the remaining time, they get a chance to practice on their hole.
- The Ace Race ® (~ 20 min.) – Teams race from hole to hole attempting to make a hole-in-one before the other teams.
- Charity Presentation (~ 15 min.) – If possible, it is a good idea to have personell from a local food bank appear to accept the gift.
- Group SIze – 60 to 1000 people. This event is most cost-effective for groups of 60 or more people.
- Venue – We Recommend an Indoor Event with ~ 1600 ft2 of open space per 60/person group.
- Time Frame – The ideal timeframe for a full team activity is 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Setup Time – 1 to 2 hours. If setup time is short, we suggest acquiring a room/venue just for this event. (The bigger the group, the longer the setup time required.) *** This event requires empty floor space, so the setup time estimate is based on starting with an open venue. ***
- Takedown Time – Takedown takes about 30 minutes to repack all of the golf clubs and greens..
* The Ace Race ® is not a great fit for outdoor venues. Temperature/weather can affect the satisfaction of participants dramatically. Also, the team will need an absolutely flat surface to build the golf course.
- Competitive Teams – The activities in this event are a literal race, and a champion will be crowned at the end.
- Groups Meeting from Many Different Regions, Departments, or Locations.
- This Event Is Ideal for Sales Conferences or Other Teams Who Are Rewarded for Merit.
- Groups Who Have a New Manager/Leader.
- Teams Who Are Experiencing Change.
- Groups Who Have Been in a Two-Day or Longer Meeting.
- Companies or Organizations Who Want to Give Back to Their Community.