Rescue Bear ® is a Teddy Bear Team Building Activity that gives comfort to kids in trauma while building teamwork in your group. This program is both a team building event and a leadership development workshop. The activities help your group identify the strengths of your team members. The lessons learned are subtle. In fact, your team will tell you about how much fun they had at the end of the program!
Rescue Bear ® Combines Skill Development and Community Service.
Rescue Bear ® is one of the original charity team building events. Originally, we created this activity to build stuffed toys that rescue workers could give to kids who lost all their toys in a fire. Over the years, though, we have discovered so many uses for the Rescue Bears ®, that you have a number of choices for donations.
For instance, one of our favorite organizations is the Child Rescue Coalition. They work with special victims units within police forces to help kids who have been victimized by human trafficking. They have rescued almost 3000 kids. Our goal is to make sure that every one of these rescued kids gets a Rescue Bear ®.
In addition, over 400,000 kids are in foster care in the US. Often these kids are required to carry all of their belongings in a garbage bag from one home to another. That is a tragedy. Some groups choose to stuff a backpack with school supplies and a Rescue Bear ® That way, the child has a was to carry their precious belongings.
This Teddy Bear Team Activity Is a Crowd Favorite.
Kim Moore, “The instructor was amazing and really fun to work with. The event reinforced some of the training that the group went through the day before and encouraged people to think outside the box when communicating with coworkers. We will definitely recommend the event to other workgroups in our company.”
- Warm-Up Icebreaker (~ 10 min.) – This is a quick transition that gets the group ready to play. It also allows for late arrivers to not miss any of the important Rescue Bear ® team building activities.
- Divide the Group into Teams Based on Personality Strengths (~ 20 min.) – This hilarious activity helps the group use a strength finder to see how each member of the team is important to the team success.
- Team Forming (~ 20 min.) – The teams participate in a team challenge to acquire the stuffed animal skins, stuffing, and cute outfits for each.
- Building the Rescue Bears ® (~ 30 min.) – Teams are divided into personality tempuraments, and each group only receives one type of needed item. All of the groups have to work together to actually build the bears.
- Charity Presentation (~ 15 min.) – A brief presentation is given or video shown about the charity that will be receiving the stuffed animals.
- Group SIze – 15 to 1000 people. This event is ideal for both small and large groups.
- Venue – Any indoor meeting room that will accomodate the groups size is adequate.
- Time Frame – The ideal timeframe for a full team activity is 1.5 to 2 hours. (Can be combined with a classroom session for a full half-day combo team activity.)
- Setup Time – Under 30 minutes.
- Takedown Time – None.
- Diverse Teams Who Have Different Strengths and Who Must Rely on Coworkers with Different Strengths.
- Groups Meeting from Many Different Regions, Departments, or Locations.
- This Event Is Ideal for Teams that Deal Directly with Customers or Clients.
- Groups Who Have a New Manager/Leader.
- Teams Who Are Experiencing Change.
- Groups Who Have Been in a Two-Day or Longer Meeting.
- Companies or Organizations Who Want to Give Back to Their Community.