Welcome to the Virtual Version of the Build-A-Bike ® Team Building Activity.
The good news is that, in this version, you don’t have to build anything. Yes, we have heard about your building prowess. As a result, we have rustled up a group of volunteers to actually build the bikes for you. However, in order to acquire the bicycle parts, we will be dividing you into teams to solve challenges. The more challenges that you solve as a team, the more parts that you acquire. Speed is not important. However, we only have an hour for the activity, so working as a team will be helpful.
The Rules (Return Here If You Have a Question Along the Way.)
- You have to work as a cohesive team to accomplish many of the challenges.
- Choose a single person in your group to “Share His/Her Screen” so everyone is working on the same challenge.
- Talk to your group. As you figure something out, make sure to let the other members of your team know. (You can save a lot of time and keep multiple people doing the same work.)
- There are five puzzles. Each puzzle gives your adopted kid one or more parts of the bicycle.
- Delegate activities along the way, but make sure the entire group is working on the same challenge. Ex. The team has to finish challenge #2 before anyone in the team moves to challenge #3.
- You must have fun throughout the entire event. (We don’t want to get fired.)
- If you get stuck, try to enter an answer anyway. In some cases, you may get a clue that will help. Make sure to chat with me in the chat window if you need additional clues or help.
- When you finish, you can Leave Room to rejoin the main session and watch the bikes as they are built.